Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My Beloved Leafs

So with the hockey season just around the corner, I am pondering what the season will look like for the Leafs. I don't like making predictions, as they are for gypsies, but I think this year has a lot of questions. Will Eric Lindros, Jason Allison and Jeff O'neill be able to play the way they have before, when they were premier players in the league? Can Mats Sundin put up the numbers he has in the past which saw him the in the top 5 of the league in points? What about the D? Is McCabe, Kaberle, Klee, Khavonov, (with pick 2 of Brown, Berg, Coliacovo, Kronvall, Marchment) enough to be a solid core? And then the biggest question mark, the Eagle. Is Eddie ready to carry the team again, and win a few games for us?

The answers to these questions will soon be answered, but I think it is wise to note that all teams have questions. No one at the begining of the 03-04 season would have predicted that it would be a game 7 between Calgary and Tampa Bay in the final.

I am always optomistic when it comes to the leafs, so I think we will have a decent season. We'll make the playoffs and then lets just hope that we can stay healthy, because anything could happen at that point.

GO LEAFS GO!!

No comments: