Friday, April 14, 2006

What is God's Will for My Life?

In my reading today, I came across a great quote by McManus about "the search to know Gods will for our lives". Enjoy:

"The problem is not that we don't know what to do, but that we don't do what
we know... The key to the future is not revelation, but obiedience. When we
submit our lives to what God has made known, the future becomes clearer to us.
When we neglect to do what we know, we begin to live as if we were walking
through a fog. If we are not careful, we will find ourselves condemning God for
being silent, when in fact we have condemned ourselves for refusing to
listen."

I find this quite true in Christian circles that people are looking all around for the will of God for their lives. If we just followed what we know without worrying about what we don't, God could use us so much more. But we over-analyze and before we know it, many oppourtunities are passing us by while we are waiting for them to come to us on a silver platter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting that up, Jamie. It really helps me. I'm still considering doing stint in Tanz and I'm praying for more opportunities to share scriptural truths with my parents to show them what God has been laying on my heart. Please keep me in your prayers. Thank you!

Lisa (from good old Team Tosheaka)