Monday, August 27, 2007

A United Legend retires

Today as I checked my usual sites, one of which is Skysports, my heart became sad as I read the news that Manchester United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is retiring. He will always be known as the super-sub as he always found a way to score late in a game after being subbed on.

Below is footage of the goal he will forever be remembered by. It was the game winning goal in stoppage time to win the UEFA Champions League final, the same year Man U won the treble (Premier League, FA Cup, and Champs League). United were down 1-0 going into stoppage time. As you will see, Teddy Sheringham scored the equalizer and then Solskjaer got the winner. And Kirsten, you will be delighted to know that he is Norwegian.





You Are My Solskjaer (to the tune of 'You Are My Sunshine' )
You are my Solskjaer,
My Ole Solskjaer,
You make me happy,
When skies are grey.
Oh Alan Shearer,
Was f*cking dearer,
So please don't take my Solskjaer away.

3 comments:

Silas said...

that is an awesome little song there! do they sing it in the games?

jamieunited said...

yes, they do sing it in games. They sing a lot of great tunes!you should add it to your list of things to do, silas!

Kirsten said...

Jamie, I have to confess I checked your blog off and on since you posted this, but until today I didn't read every line because it was about sports... which means I missed that little tidbit about one of my countrymen doing something great.