Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Reviewing Nooma

SO my interest has been rekindled in Rob Bell recently, so I have decided to watch some of the Nooma videos and then review them on here.

I watched 002 tonight, which is the "flame" episode. It wasn't heretical, by any stretch of the imagination. His main point was that there are 3 different Hebrew words for the English word love. I won't remember the Hebrew, but they were basically friendship, committed "soul mates"/deep friendship, and the erotic love. And only when a marriage relationship has all three, does it really work.

I can respect that. But he probably spends a bunch of money on all the logs that he burns at the end, and it want that powerful of a point.

2 comments:

Silas said...

Huh, neat that you are reviewing his stuff. I have always thought his stuff was a bit off the wall. But not sure if it is heretical. Let me know what you find out after watching more.

Andrew Rozalowsky said...

Hey, I didn't know you were doing this! Get back at'er bro! Look forward to more (if you do more).