Thursday, March 17, 2005

Jesus in the Gospels


I have been reading a bunch about original sin lately. Recently, my readings have taken me to a five part sermon series by John Piper called, Adam, Christ, and Justification. One line that really stuck out to me as I was reading was this:

"When you read the gospels and you see your Lord living out a perfect life
of righteousness, rejoice that he not only is giving you an example of how
to live, but he is also laying the foundation for your acceptance with God
by grace through faith alone."

I had never thought of it that way. As we read the life of Christ, it is not only an example of what we should be striving towards that we see, it is the living out of the righteousness that we, as Christians, are seen in by God.

I think this will change the way I read the gospels, as I can now treasure Christ even more as I ponder the righteousness that I have through him alone.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! theres a guy hugging a dinosaur there!! hehe hows it going jamie? just wanted to know how the video turned out, and if you were pleased with the result and all that.. and if i have to worry about hiding my face in shame or not.. heh *nervous chuckle* ok, hope to see you around soon!